Pages

Wednesday 26 September 2018

Ako evening

Yesterday we had  Ako evening  and for Ako evening we had performances that showed different
 myths and legends that caused natural disasters in the islands. The different Islands were Samoa, Fiji,Niue,Tonga,Cook islands and New Zealand. The group I performed in was the Cook Island group, for our group we performed the legend of the battle between Chief of Raiatea and Chief of Rarotonga.

Image result for cook island flagFor our performance/play we did had different gods, chiefs and other men of the chiefs. For my role in the performance I played Tawhirimatea god of wind and storms. If I would get to do this again I think I
 would try and be more confident when saying my lines and I think next time I will try and project my voice so that everyone can hear me not just the people that are near me.

The thing I enjoyed about the Ako evening was being able to show my mum the different types of things that I have been learning about in school. We learnt about the different natural disasters that happened in the South Pacific Islands






No comments:

Post a Comment