Pages

Thursday 22 November 2018

Athletics Day

IALT: blog about what we did on Friday for athletics.

On Friday the 16th of November had our very own TPS athletics day.It was Nice and sunny we all had a amazing time.

The athletics day was being held at the TPS field were we had all shorts of games like SHot put, long jump, standing jump, disscuss, other games. We also had races and relays between each house. The different houses that were there was Tripoli,Alamein,Benghazi and Tobruk, The different houses had different colours:
Tripoli was: BLUE
Benghazing was: Green
Alamein was: yellow
&
Tobruk was: Red.

The athletics day was amazing there families that came over and had picnics, We also got to have free sausages and ice-blocks which were yummy and tasty. The best part of my day at athletics was the races which were really challenging but I still tried, The were different type of races. There was a 50m race, a 75m race, a 100m race and a 400m race. 

Each house got to do face paint which was cool and we also got to paint on other things like our arms, our shirts and our hands. I painted my whole face and then I put a mask on  to cover my eye lids which I didn't paint. When I went out side we were told to put on sunblock but I already had paint so I just left it.

I thought everyone there showed a lot of sportsmanship to everyone mostly when Benghazi one, The other houses were mad but I could tell they were trying to stay as positive as they could be. At the end each house got to say there chant out loud so that everyone could here them, We each got to do it one by one and the chants I loved the best was Tripoli's chant which I think really thought was great, even though we won't the loudest we still tried our best and a massive THANK YOU! to Grace because she really stepped up when Tripoli was doing there chant, she really gave her all and she leaded most of the chants. I will also like to say THANK YOU to Edith because here brother got really tired during the 400 metre race she ran next to him to support him and I thought she showed real good Manaakitanga.

The winners for the Athletics day was:
Benghazi!
congragulations benghazi on your win, They were the best teams out of all the teams,
They also one in the chants for thier house, so congratulations.
Here is the winnings team chant.

Here is Miss Ashley and room 7 in there different colours for there houses.

Here the filed at Tamaki primary school which looks like a thousand miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment