Pages

Tuesday 19 March 2019

Ki o rahi

Yesterday we did Kio rahi which is sad because it was the last session we did with coach Piuti. Ki o rahi is a fun game and the most interesting fact about it is that it is based on a Maori legend about a taniwha and other stuff.
The thing that I found challenging was trying to be able to run between everyone just to get the try. What i enjoyed is seeing my friends get all those try's, even though I didn't get any try's I still was able to use my muscle to through the ball at the tupu (rock) which was fun for me but hard for the defenders.
Here are the rules for Ki o'rahi:
Played for 4 quarters or 2 halves of a set time, teams alternate roles of Kīoma and Taniwha at half or quarter time. Kīoma score by touching Pou/s with the Kī (for potential points) then running the Kī through Te Roto and placing it down in Pawero to convert pou touches into points.

No comments:

Post a Comment